There is no better way to experience love and
compassion than by helping those in need,
a call Knights answer every day.
T he Duncanville Knights of Columbus Council #8157 is a fraternal organization which assists in charitable outreach to meet the needs of the church universal and Holy Spirit Catholic Church in particular.
In June 1982, a group of 41 men of Holy Spirit Catholic Church formed Council 8157, Knights of Columbus. They had visions of forming an organization that would be vital to our parish. Since that time Council 8157 has been one of the cornerstones to the parish. The Council and its members are truly in the structure of all activities within the parish. From cooking, ushering, lecturing, maintenance, to what our priest and other parishioners need, they are there to help and provide guidance.
This Council has been moving and is one of the most active Councils in the Dallas Diocese. It has received recognition from National and State levels and is working on its fifth consecutive Star Council Award and it does not look like it will stop there.
If you are at least 18 and a practicing Catholic in Communion with the Holy See, then you too may want to join the Knights and help our Parish and Church.
What Does Council 8157 Do?JOIN US TODAY
- Award Scholarships to youth members of our parish
- Donate money to Parish Ministries
- Church Fall Festival management of operations, construction, tear down & cooking
- Catechists’ Appreciation Dinner
- Parish Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Lenten Season Fish Fry Fridays
- Summer Snow Cones/Lemonade Fridays
- Pancake Breakfasts
- December Breakfast with St. Nick
- Blood Drives in summer and winter
- Sponsor Holy Spirit Catholic Church Picnic
- Vacation Bible School Dinner
- Set up chairs for Easter Sunday Masses
- Set up chairs for Christmas Masses
- St Elizabeth of Hungary School Carnival cooking
- Knight Hands assists members of community in need of home repairs
- City of Duncanville PIP Days participation
- Veterans Cookout at VA Medical Center Dallas
- Cancer Survivors cookout at Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Cookouts at Holy Trinity Seminary in Dallas
- St. Joseph’s Assisted Living Residence Cookouts, twice per year
- Emergency Medical Technician Appreciation Lunch participation
- Participated in remodeling of a CASA at the Dallas Diocese Retreat Center
- Corporate Communion Quarterly Mass and dinner/social
- Annual Council Appreciation Dinner for all Knights
- Annual Council Awards Dinner for all Knights
- Conduct Free Throw Contests for youth
- Help out with area Special Olympics
- Donated money to install a water well in an African village
- Donate money to State Charities
- Donated money to Rosaries for Angola
- Operate the Concession Stands for Cedar Hill Little League Baseball
- Operate the Concession Stands for Cedar Hill Football League
- Recognition for the Family of the Month and Knight of the Month
- Sponsorships for Seminarians
- Sponsor some Youth Group fundraisers, i.e. Spaghetti Dinners
Pro Life Activities
- 40 Days for Life participation
- Hike for Life organization and Cookout
- Sponsor two youth going to Washington D.C. March for Life
- Donate money to Bishop’s Pro Life Dinner
Monthly Council Meetings
All Knights who plan to attend our meetings should familiarize themselves with the way Knights conduct meetings and with the protocol we follow so they can contribute effectively as members of our order.
General Business Meeting:
Every 1st Tuesday 7:30 pm
Officers & Directors Meeting:
Every 3rd Tuesday 7:30 pm
PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS
H eavenly Father, bless your Church with an abundance of holy and zealous priests, deacons, brothers and sisters. Give those you have called to the married state and those you have chosen to live as single persons in the world, the special graces that their lives require. Form us all in the likeness of your Son so that in him, with him and through him we may love you more deeply and serve you more faithfully, always and everywhere.
With Mary we ask this through Christ our Lord Amen.
Vocations Committee-Supreme Council, Knights of Columbus