There is no better way to experience love and
compassion than by helping those in need,
a call Knights answer every day.
T he Duncanville Knights of Columbus Council #8157 is a fraternal organization which assists in charitable outreach to meet the needs of the church universal and Holy Spirit Catholic Church in particular.
I n June 1982, a group of 41 men of Holy Spirit Catholic Church formed Council 8157, Knights of Columbus. They had visions of forming an organization that would be vital to our parish. Since that time Council 8157 has been one of the cornerstones to the parish. The Council and its members are truly in the structure of all activities within the parish. From cooking, ushering, lecturing, maintenance, to what our priest and other parishioners need, they are there to help and provide guidance.
This Council has been moving and is one of the most active Councils in the Dallas Diocese. It has received recognition from National and State levels and is working on its fifth consecutive Star Council Award and it does not look like it will stop there.
If you are at least 18 and a practicing Catholic in Communion with the Holy See, then you too may want to join the Knights and help our Parish and Church.
Here’s some of what the Duncanville Knights DO:
- Free Throw Contests
- Award Scholarships to youth members of parish
- Catechists’ Appreciation Dinner
- Two major Blood Drives, Summer & Winter
- Lenten Fish Fry Fridays
- Pancake Breakfast
- Donate to Bishop’s Pro Life Dinner
- Sponsor some Youth Group fundraisers including Spaghetti Dinner
- Donate to State Charities
- St. Joseph Assisted Living Residence Cookouts, twice per year
- Emergency Medical Technician Appreciation Lunch
- Set up and cooked for the 40th Anniversary Picnic
- Vacation Bible School Dinner
- Operate the Concession Stands for Cedar Hill Little League Baseball in the Spring and Fall seasons
- 40 Days for Life
- Fall Festival, construction, cooking and tear down
- Hike for Life Cookout
- Veterans Cookout at VA Medical Center Dallas
- Annual Cancer Survivors cookout at Methodist Dallas Medical Center
- Knight Hands completed over 100 projects
- Seminarian Cookout
- Seminarian Sponsorship
- Donate to Parish Ministries
- Set up and tear down chairs for Easter
- St Elizabeth of Hungary School Carnival
- Donated money to Rosaries for Angola
Monthly Council Meetings
All Knights who plan to attend our meetings should familiarize themselves with the way Knights conduct meetings and with the protocol we follow so they can contribute effectively as members of our order.
General Business Meeting:
Every 1st Tuesday 7:30 pm
Officers & Directors Meeting:
Every 3rd Tuesday 7:30 pm
Council Officers Meeting07:30 PM
Council General Meeting07:30 PM
Assembly 2799 Meeting07:30 PM
PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS
H eavenly Father, bless your Church with an abundance of holy and zealous priests, deacons, brothers and sisters. Give those you have called to the married state and those you have chosen to live as single persons in the world, the special graces that their lives require. Form us all in the likeness of your Son so that in him, with him and through him we may love you more deeply and serve you more faithfully, always and everywhere.
With Mary we ask this through Christ our Lord Amen.
Vocations Committee-Supreme Council, Knights of Columbus