Knight of the Year Archives
The Knight of the Year is an award presented to the most outstanding Knight for the fraternal year which ends June 30th of each year.
- During the May general meeting all nominations are accepted.
- Each Knight present at this meeting is asked to place three Knights in nomination via secret ballot for the Knight of the Year award.
- These votes are then tabulated by the Grand Knight, Deputy Grand Knight and Chancellor, with the top three in vote count presented for final vote during the June general meeting; again by secret ballot.
- The winner is announced during the Awards dinner sometime in July or August.
[toggle type=”white” title=”REQUIREMENTS” active=””]
Requirements to be nominated and elected as the Knight of the Year:
- Minimum of three years of membership.
- Must be in good standing (dues current).
- Must have served as a Director, Officer or Committee Chairman before nomination.
- Must be a 3rd Degree member
- Must try to participate in the majority of Knight events and functions.
- Willing to be proactive; someone who takes initiative.
- Attends and participates in monthly meetings when possible.
- The Grand Knight is not eligible during his time in office.
- Parish and community participation to be strongly considered.
- Knight of the Year award can be received only once.
- 1987: Joe Delatte
- 1988: Jim Kowalski
- 1989: Wayne Parker
- 1990: Will Seives
- 1991: Ben Caturay
- 1992: Rich Beumer
- 1993: Tony Perez
- 1994: Ernie Coy
- 1995: John Prasifka
- 1996: Leo Mattingly
- 1997: Wayne Nacey
- 1998: Russell Gully
- 1999: Dick Bates
- 2000: David Wiss
- 2001: Marce Tebbe
- 2002: Ed Vasquez
- 2003: Chris Kubin
- 2004: Ron Suriano
- 2005: Dan Murphy
- 2006: Ross Musso
- 2007: Ed O’Brien
- 2008: Tim Weinrich
- 2009: David Briggs
- 2010: Allen Reitmeier
- 2011: Mike Fitzgerald
- 2012: Frank Salazar
- 2013: Andy Goza
- 2014: Tom Greco
- 2015: Jim Richardson
- 2016: Jeff Miller
[blog category=”30″ perpage=”100″ pagination=”” ]
[totop] to Top [/totop]